KiCAD StepUp has added a Seamless ECAD/MCAD PCB Data Integration
- Push/Pull 3D model placement from/to KiCAD board to/from FreeCAD mechanical design
- Ability to move 3D packages around on the 3D PCB mechanical sw, via both the X and Y axis
- Tracks will not be touched by the placements done in the MCAD sw. All the routing will remain in KiCAD.
The syncing process can be done even if the board is (fully) routed (i.e. when a new release requires some mechanical reviews).
- Pull KiCAD board inside FreeCAD
- Move and Align the 3D model to the new placement in the enclosure
- Arrange the components nearby the new placement
- Move and Align the mounting holes to the enclosure supports
- Sync the kicad_pcb board file within the new design
- Check the result inside KiCAD and reroute the tracks
that are affected by the new placement
This ECAD / MCAD process is a bi-directional PCB Data Integration with the ability to propose, accept or reject changes synchronously or asynchronously as seen on most powerful commercial CADs.
Please update StepUp WB through FreeCAD Addons Menu.
Just an addition to some DXF users:
StepUp can be useful also for PCB Edge designing: