This post is a permanent placement for finding official threads related to external plugins. These will be wiki’d posts that allow the plugin author to maintain an ongoing dialog about their plugin.
These will included, but will not be limited to:
- New releases
- Announcement about plugin features
- Initial announcement of the plugin
extract pinout from PDF datasheet and create Kicad schematics.
generate kicad schematic symbols using a graphical tool
script for generating part-cost spreadsheets for circuit boards
Interactive Html Bom
tool designed to assist with hand assembling pcbs
You can visualise a bom in .xml and you can export it in pdf.
A script that mediates between KiCad and Partkeeper
- Place footprints: action plugin
Schematic positions to PCB positions plugin
(Tries to duplicate schematic positioning into PCB positioning)
- Replicate layout: Action plugin
- Swap pins action plugin
- Swap units action plugin
Rounded Tracks Reloaded ... again: RF Tools for KiCad
(Mitered corners, Round corners, Taper for square track ending or track taper)
- Teardrop Script https://github.com/NilujePerchut/kicad_scripts
- https://github.com/xesscorp/skidl (compactly describe the interconnection of electronic circuits and components using Python)
- Zyc GUI utility for SKiDL GUI utility that helps enter part and footprint info into SKiDL
KiCommand - interactive scripting language supplementing python.
download, wiki, discussion
Mechanical CAD integration
- Kicad StepUp: a Seamless ECAD/MCAD PCB Data Integration (Freecad plugin to allow communication between freecad and kicad)
Kicad StepUp: The Sketcher for Footprint generation (Freecad plugin to allow exporting footprints designed in the powerful freecad sketcher workbench)
https://github.com/in3otd/spiki( spiki - spirals for KiCad)
Other Plugin Organization Efforts:
This GitHub repository is an effort to maintain plugins in one place. We don’t vouch for its completeness or its being up to date. Some of the tools may not work with Kicad V5. Older, unmaintained plugins may assume version 4 so you may want to check dates of projects before using them.