Search for HY2112 footprint

Dear Community,
i have a short question. I am searching for a footprint for an LiFePo4 Protection IC ‘HY2112’. I am new in KiCad and PCB development. What can I do if no footprint exists? Thank you in advance.

1 Like

According to the datasheet this comes in a SOT-23-6 package which is an absolutely bog (swamp?) standard footprint that can be found in the KiCad footprint library.

BTW footprint means the pattern of the package pads. If you want a symbol, it’s easy to make your own.

2 Likes

First, welcome to the forum.
Second, it is always good to include a link to the datasheet.
(I see @retiredfeline has now done that). :smiley:

1 Like

I understand - thats great. That’s exactly that what I’ve be looking for. Thanks to both of you :slightly_smiling_face:

The KiCad way is separation of schematic symbol and PCB footprint. This allows large numbers of different parts to use the same generic footprint and 3D model.

But…wait! Fat corner pads makes it easier to hand solder…

Here is my footprint:

Bobs_SOT23-6_Bigfoot-1.kicad_mod (2.8 KB)

Very cool - thank you all :slight_smile:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Emojis (titles need to be 15 characters too? sigh… )

9 posts were split to a new topic: Emojis (titles need to be 15 characters too? sigh… )

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.