Emojis (titles need to be 15 characters too? sigh... )

Ok, that confirms it, it really is 20 Unicode chars and not 20 bytes.

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :pouting_cat: :roll_eyes: :grimacing: :nauseated_face: :fearful: :hot_face: :cold_face:

Edit:
I’ve managed to do it with 10 if you add extra spaces in between.

A                    B

It can also be 20 spaces, but you hit a different limit, it rightly says there isn’t a sentence there, hence the AB.

Seems like thousands of emojis and yet I can’t fine one for ‘off the rails’?

2 Likes

Ok, it’s not one emoji, but how about this emoji sentence? train on tracks - explosion - empty tracks

:tram::boom::railway_track:

I was just today hearing about some new emojis. There is an organization which sort of establishes them.

https://unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html

To an old non-“tech savvy” geezer like me, “off the rails” sounds like a good one. But I would be lost at trying to sketch what it should look like. I suppose I might do a better job at “train wreck” which sounds like a close cousin.

I have not taken the time to read the article. But it looks like the burden would be on the person submitting to design it; show it both in color and B&W.

And in the case of humanoid body parts, in various skin tones. And gender variants. So Thomas the train wreck needs to be accompanied by Thomasina the train wreck. :wink:

You lost me for a minute even though you made me LOL. When I think of a train wreck, I think of literally that. But even though I live in an industrialized country, we have plenty of both literal and figurative types. There was a big one within 20 miles of me a few years back. Train came down from the overpass onto the freeway and people died…

No!
The emoji needs Thomas crashing into Thomasina, otherwise using one or the other will result in accusations of gender bias.

Probably don’t really need a train wreck emoji as a thread ending in that condition will probably be flagged and then exterminated.

An “off the rails” emoji would be extremely useful.
Could end up being the most used emoji on this forum! :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Bigfeet lives! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl: (how many emojis do I need for 20 chars?!)

:slight_smile: :grinning: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face: :poop: :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :woman_mage: :man_in_manual_wheelchair: :polar_bear: :apple: :lollipop: :ferris_wheel: :station: :boxing_glove: :teddy_bear: :slot_machine: :spades:

Edit:
20 of them works.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.