All simulation tabs not available

Hi all.
I’m having problem with the analysis available in the simulation tab. My simulation tab looks like:

However, I have seen more simulation tabs available in other users.
How can I fix it?

My Kicad version info is the following:
Application: kicad
Version: 5.0.2+dfsg1-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.64.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d zlib/1.2.11 libidn2/2.0.5 libpsl/0.20.2 (+libidn2/2.0.5) libssh2/1.8.0 nghttp2/1.36.0 librtmp/2.3
Platform: Linux 4.19.0-9-amd64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 2.24
Boost: 1.67.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.62.0
Compiler: GCC 8.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Unfortunately, these are the only simulation types currently available. I believe more are being added in v6.0, but I’m not sure exactly which ones.

If you need to run one of the others right now, the only way is to push your SPICE netlist out to either external ngspice or LTspice. Example of pushing out to LTspice can be found at this time-stamped video:

And an example of pushing out to external ngspice can be found at this post:

To start, I would suggest upgrading to 5.1. The 5.0 version is no longer supported, and it is possible (I am not sure though) that more simulation types were added to it.

For some KiCad releases, additional tabs were visible even though the code for running those types of simulations was not present yet. At some point those tabs were hidden to prevent confusion/bug reports, because the tabs didn’t do anything.

1 Like

Yes, exactly this. My bad, I should’ve clarified this because seeing old screenshots is likely the reason he was asking in the first place.