Where can i find out about future KiCad features (especially ones that will be in v6)?

If there a list somewhere that shows future features that are being worked on for KiCad? I have seen some Github stuff but no indicators of what KiCad features are imminent.

Also I have occasionally heard rumors that a “release 6” is in the future with major changes. Is this true?

Thanks
Fritz

You mean like this thread ?

Or the roadmap ?

I guess that checking in gitlab for the Tag v6 should give a rough idea, albeit nothing set in stone.

EDIT: Redirecting to the first post of the thread and not to the last one.

Thanks–I guess the roadmap gives the summary I am looking for.
(for some reason the “Post-v5” leads to infinite scrolling on my browser, probably because it is so large_

Fritz

The roadmap is probably out of date. Better picture of the current situation can be seen in the issue database. See Post-v5 new features and development news for an introduction (just let the browser load it as long as it takes, don’t try to scroll before it’s ready). Then Search for 6.0 Feature Freeze milestone to see what’s going in and for 7.0 milestone to see what have been left out waiting for the future.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.