When did we lose the ladybird?

I was watching a video about semiconductors as I spent most of my life with them in one form or another when this picture popped up :nerd_face:

I looked at the colourful Icons and wondered what version it was. I know I saw the light and found Kicad at the end of V4 and I remember the ladybird but when did the Icons go all dull ? or is it a setting Iā€™ve forgotten ? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
:mouse:

You mean the bug? I think when bug reporting moved into Help. but really, no :eye: :deer:.

1 Like

This was a change in the switch to the new icons for v6. But yeah, the bug is still around; now itā€™s used for Help ā†’ Report a Bug (assuming your platform shows icons in menus).

1 Like

If youā€™re in for a read, the big icon change topic has 285 replies and this makes it the 6th longest on this forum.

1 Like

V6, Thanks folks and I might just read up on it too as it got so much attention :grinning:

@mousey I unmarked your post as the ā€œsolutionā€ because itā€™s not an answer to the original question. The goal of this solution thing is to help others who are searching this forum for answers can find them quicker.

Thanks ! my mind was on an auction :crazy_face: and realized ā€˜I didnā€™t solve anything!ā€™ so Iā€™m glad you jumped in :smile:

the big icon change topic has 285 replies and this makes it the 6th longest on this forum

I remember ~10years back as eagle changed the icons ā†’ that initiated a similar long discussion in the the (eagle) forum. It seems the users/readers are triggered by the same topics :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Interestingly, ladybirds, or ladybugs as they are often called, are considered symbols of good luck in many cultures around the world. In some traditions, spotting a ladybird is believed to bring happiness and prosperity. These small and vibrant insects, often featuring prominently in folklore, carry positive connotations that extend beyond their charming appearance in various contexts.

ā€œCry ā€˜Havoc!ā€™, and let slip the ladybirds of triviality.ā€ - Julius Caesar

2 Likes

Yeah;

And after ALL our worries and concerns; the sky didnā€™t fall in and kicad still works. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thankfully, the discussion thread didnā€™t use up all the electrons in the internet and crash the blockchainsā€¦

2 Likes

But there is only one electron (and one positron) in the whole universe!

2 Likes

It had the wrong number of legs to be called a bug anyway

1 Like

There is one electron/positron it looks like an electron when it is following our flow of time forward, but when it is on its way back to the beginning of the universe for another forward pass it looks like a positron.

Probably because they (and their larval young) do a good job of clearing Aphids . . .

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that. :open_mouth:

We have lots of roses and ladybirds. I must watch the ladybirds behavior; see if the ladybirds kill and maim and mutilate and exterminate and vanquish the aphids.

A few years ago, there was a French made 5 minute animated series airing on TV featuring a very naughty ladybird that caused all sorts of mayhem with the other insect population: very enjoyable viewing. Very much like ā€œShaun the Sheepā€, except naughty, rather than saving the farm.:smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s delightful to see that the engineers here love the call of the nature rather than the call of the pizza and cola. Maybe itā€™s time to close the thread because the relevant link was already given.

1 Like

The bug was previously the ERC button.

All the icons got redone because the old icons had no clear license after years of people tossing things in.

2 Likes