What is the difference between the output wave form of the voltage and current

Output Voltage = 5VDC
Ouput Current = 0A

If I just did your homework for you, you might consider taking a different class…

1 Like

how to say the 0A at the output and can you explain it. what should be consider the capacitance value for c1 ,c2,c3 .

I suggest you start here:

and then come back and demonstrate that you actually understand the circuit, and formulate specific questions.

and don’t ask the same question in two different threads.

1 Like

One thing I will say…regarding the two capacitors. In a SIMPLE analysis, putting two capacitors in parallel like that when the values are so different makes no obvious sense.

I would quibble that the (is it 220 nF capacitor) looks like it is an electrolytic but probably ought to be a ceramic or possibly a film type.

What is not obvious from the schematic is that bigger capacitors tend to have more parasitic inductance in series with them, so they do not bypass as well at higher frequencies. The effect of the value of the larger capacitor may reasonably be seen in simulation. But to appreciate the smaller one, the models needs to be more complex and include the parasitics. I would probably have something more like 1 - 10 uF ceramic in place of 220 nF, assuming modern components.

Yeah Bob, good point about the parallel capacitors – the effect will not be seen in a simulation unless the cap models are complete. Something like a 10uF is a good low-frequency bulk cap and adding a 0.1 or 0.01 across it filters the high-freq noise. Good datasheets will show cap impedance vs freq, and capacitance vs dc bias (use caps rated at least twice the working voltage). Regulator datasheets will specify the minimum (sometime maximum) capacitance limits for in and out, and they usually spec a max ESR for the cap. Ceramic caps are all pretty low-esr and some are super-low-esr. Electrolytics are crap, and tanatlum, well you don’t want to use tantalum since it is a conflict material mined by barefoot children with guns to their heads.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.