V8. Is there an explanation for this simulation output?

I’m speaking about the green trace. Never seen anything like it.
I’ve set all editors to Fallback Graphics.
I’ve tried changing the simulation steps and runtime.
But it just looks… weird.
Never had it in V7, always displayed beautifully.

This looks like a noisy sim trying to tell you “zero amps.”

The message “Timestep too small” suggests the simulation did not work correctly, so I wouldn’t read too deeply into the output. Seems like something is mis-configured, whether the simulation, the circuit itself, or one of the models.

Possibly, but the scale is 1 A. The nano/micro noise I know and ignore it.

That the simulation failed is obvious, but I’ve never seen this kind of dotted display before.
It’s a new installation, I haven’t fiddled with anything yet. But it’s on top of a V7, which always worked perfectly.

OK, think I got it now.
Voltages are shown as a continuous plot. Currents are dashed (also vertically!).
So for people who are colour-blind, KiCAD has solved a problem that never existed for all other users. I’m all for inclusion, but one can take things too far. And it’s not even optional! I’m forced into this, though it impairs analysis of my circuit.

I don’t know what the original intent of the dashed vs regular lines was, but I agree it needs to be configurable. There’s a related issue here, though it isn’t exactly what you were pointing out: Simulator: Output Graphs with dashed lines are very difficult to recognize (#18887) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab