Update PCB with changes made to schematic

Hello,
I was trying to import the Components into the PCB editor, then I got these errors
Error: A1 pad 15 not found in Components:GRM31CR61A476KE15L.
Error: A1 pad 13 not found in Components:GRM31CR61A476KE15L.
There are a lot more of them (always with a other pad number). How I understand this, is that KiCad thinks there are more pads than there actually are. But the Compontent is a simple Capacitator, that only has two pads. (I checked the footprint, there are only two there). I created the component by my selfe.
Can anyone help me remove these errors?

Can you show the properties for one of these capacitors in the schematic, for example:

To help us understand problems, please use the Kicad terminology.
Schematics have symbols and wires. PCBs have footprints and tracks.

You cannot import footprints to the PCB editor. Footprints need to be imported into the footprint editor and then associated with a symbol then they will be placed on the PCB

Yes Thank you for the fast response!

Sorry, I am very new to KiCad…

1 Like

Also for the battery holder, this appears to be from the KiCad library. However the footprint pads are 1 and 2. Did you name the pins on your symbol N and P? That won’t match.

Yes I meant that… Thats what I already did

huh okay weird, I didnt change that.

Hi, did you place the Mouser footprint into the symbol properties link, or did you import the Mouser footprint into a personal Footprint library and then link that footprint in your personal footprint library to the symbol?

As for the capacitor, you say that’s C2 or C5, but the error message refers to A1. So it looks like you have assigned the capacitor footprint to an IC or something like that.

I’m sure that KiCad will have a suitable footprint for a SMD capacitor and you don’t have to import one.

I imported the mouser footrpint into a personal Footprint library
Here a list of the pin assignments:

I’ll bale out of this. I thought the problem was a capacitor. :blush:

@retiredfeline has a much better grip of the situation, follow him. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wouldnt know where I would verify that. But the Symbol is linked to the correct footprint. As is says here:

Okay, thanks for the help though!

No, no, not C2. Show us the footprint associated with A1.

Can anyone help me remove these errors?

The best way to get fast and good help is to provide the kicad project in question. Use Kicad main manager–>File–>archive project and attach the created zip-file.

note: As you are a new user, you are not allowed to attach anything (forum anti-spam measures). Please read New Member Information and follow the instructions. This will promote you to basic user level and allow you to attach projects / pictures / videos.

2 Likes

The way I see it is the other way around. To me it looks like the schematic symbol has pins that can not be mapped to pads in the footprint. Maybe the footprint does not have them at all ( pad 26 or pad26) or the “pin numbers” do not match (such as N for the battery holder).

Pin numbers in KiCad are not only numbers, they can be any combination of 4 characters. BGA’s for example use a “checkerboard” numbering system for their pads.

For me the footprint name is surprising. The ‘476’ in the name clearly refers to 47uF capacitance while footprints are typically used not only for one element value but for more. That suggest that may be linked item is not a footprint.
I have one 0603 footprint used for any 0603 resistor and not separate 0603 footprint for each resistor value (like 0603_1k, 0603_1k1, 0603_1k2,…).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.