Tool for archiving all library for moving

I there any plugin to archive all used library in current project to be included on single archive file for sharing.

I mean, local project library folder is created automatically.
Then, all used symbols, footprints, and 3d models is copied to local project library.
Last, all symbols, footprints, and models is linked to local library instead of global ones.

So when archiving, all schematic, sub-schematic, board, and all library is included.
Also, when shared, no library-table error.

Also, I the contrary, tool for matching project library with global library, to return back the links from local project into global. This one may take few mins to complete because it will find the difference.

I like the “Archive Project” from MitjaN

The Github repo page says that on the top as well so very unlikely it’s not developed any longer:

This repository has been archived by the owner on Oct 24, 2022. It is now read-only.

The repo has quite few forks though, so perhaps some will continue the project.

Yeah, the Archive Project plugin works only on KiCad V5. While 3D models and footprint archiving worked quite good due to the KiCad’s python support, the schematic symbols archiving was really a hack. It was base on using the symbols cache file (project_name-cache.lib).

With V6 schematics format change it was not really possible to migrate this plugin. So I’ve migrated only the 3D models archiving part (Archive3DModels).

For footprint archiving you should use built in functionality (File/Export/Footprint to library)

So for schematics, I’ll wait until KiCad gets schematics python API before writing such a plugin. And if Project manager also gets python API I’ll probably mak a plugin that will invoke all three plugins to archive complete project.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.