Archiving project with all Global Symbols Used on it

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to do exactly like this: Tool for archiving all library for moving

"local project library folder is created automatically.
Then, all used symbols, footprints, and 3d models is copied to local project library.
Last, all symbols, footprints, and models is linked to local library instead of global ones"

I want to import the project on Altium for example, and have one symbol library with all components used.
There is a way to do it?
Or if it’s not possible, how can I check in my project which global symbol files were used on it to copy they manually?

Thank you!

In the Schematic Editor use File → Export → Symbols to new library. Make it local and choose to update the symbols in the schematic. Now the project is self-contained as far as the schematic goes. There’s a similar function for the footprints in the PCB Editor, but not for 3D models.

1 Like

If you want this for archiving purposes, there is no need to create a symbol and footprint library, because (starting from KiCad V6) this information is already stored in the schematic and PCB files themselves. For other purposes (prepare for altium import such as you mention, you can do this but I guess that altium also has it’s own library management capabilities.

For the 3D models. KiCad does not have built in functionality., but in the thread you mentioned, MitjaN (author of the archive script) posted:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.