Tips for High Speed Design

Hello and good day to everyone. Do you have any suggestion or tips for designing in high speed. Also books to read or references. Thank you

hi Andy, thank you so much.

I don’t remember exactly what was in the articles I linked some time ago (as I have read them many years ago) but I suppose among others you will find there information about high speed:

@mayang it’s worth going back and reading the thread @Piotr pointed to. His references are great. My IEEE reference from that thread:

You’ll find Montrose, Johnson & Graham, and @Piotr PDF’s cover the same ground, but it’s sometimes good to read more than one reference to make sense of some of the more non-intuitive topics.

I can only add a quote back from my university times - my RF professor used to say “below 1 GHz is DC” :wink:

T.

This is a classic:

While I’m “only” a PCB layout hobbyist, I found this book to be highly informative. The book is written in a style that is accessible to both the amateur and the professional, and I literally read it cover-to-cover.

The only issue I have with it is that it’s beginning to show its age. How many companies still use socketed DIPs? How many current EEs have even seen a wire-wrapped system, much less designed a product using it? Still, the book is well worth the read.

I found this by Rick Hartley to be very informative.

extreme-importance-of-pc-board-stack-up

Robert Feranec has made a few quite good (and long over 90 minutes) video’s about PCB design related to signal integrity.

Painfully expensive to buy

I have seen :slight_smile:
I have even wrapped some connections with special tool. Don’t remember what we (as a students) got to do but it had to be connected to “computer connection werdrobe”.
It was the computer that you started by manually entering (with a row of switches) the simplest tape reading program (program was about 10 words long) and then running that program. As I remember at tape beginning was the better tape reading program which when automatically run read the next tape reading program (this one was loaded at the memory end) and this third read the program you wanted to run.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.