Suppress specific DRC outputs?

Is it possible to suppress DRC outputs somehow?

I’m using this trick to share a drill hole for two jack’s ground connection to really squeeze a front panel design. I know it’s ugly and I should probably do some kind of multi-unit symbol/footprint thing if I continue using this:

But would be really nice if one could just suppress specific markers somehow. Dunno how that would work - just a black list filter of exact(ish?) position and error type like:

Maybe stupid idea… Just really annoying I have to live with those DRC violations… :slight_smile:

KiCad right now has no option to approve specific DRC (or ERC) errors. You will need to live with this report or do it properly as you already hinted at)

2 Likes

Actually the error got removed when the drills where the exact same. I had a 0.015mm offset that I accidentally created there. They still come through to the Excellon file though:

But I’m guessing fab houses will merge these? I think I did the same thing before at jlcpcb and it was fine. Hopefully they have routines against drilling the same hole twice? I know from my own cnc experience that might be problematic, at least if there’s a small offset - my cheap drills would easily break in that case…

We always encourage you to ask the fab house directly.

Submit your comments to the “ERC/DRC User Survey” by @craftyjon . I actually see two potential enhancements to DRC in your comments:

• The ability to mark particular ERC/DRC squawks as “Irrelevant”, or “Ignore”, or “Suppress in future ERC/DRC runs”, etc. Of course, the dialog that launches ERC/DRC would need options to honor the list of “Ignored” items, or flag them regardless of the “Ignore” attribute, or cancel all instances of the “Ignore” attribute. Perhaps the ERC/DRC algorithm would mark the “Ignore” items with a greyed-out flag symbol, or list them in a separate section of the ERC/DRC report as “Still present but ignored”.

• The ability to run ERC/DRC with a limited scope, flagging only certain types of violations. You could tell ERC/DRC to ignore, e.g., silk screen violations, or no-source-to-drive-the-net errors, or courtyard violations, etc.

Dale

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.