I’m having some trouble getting the results I expect when I export a footprint from FreeCAD using the “ksu Footprint Generator” option. Specifically, the copper placement does not stay within the bounding volume on the “Pads_Poly” sketch.
My sketch is based on the “footprint-RF-antenna” demo, which exports as expected. Below is a screen capture of my FreeCAD sketch:
The KiCAD footprint editor ends up with the following footprint:
As for debugging steps, I have tried the following:
- Run the Sketcher validation tool and had no issued detected.
- Checked the “Pads_TH_SMD” are entirely within the “Pads_Poly” volume.
- Checked the reference pad is within the volume on the “Pads_Poly” and a pad on the “Pads_TH_SMD” layer.
- Confirmed the volume is completely closed by changing the geometry, extruding in FreeCAD, etc.
- Enlarged the geometry of the footprint’s features in case there was a minimum size set somewhere.
- Find and read any documentation on footprint sketching and export, but haven’t had much luck there.
At this point I’m at a but of a loss as to what is going wrong, and couldn’t find (searching & browsing) a similar issue on these forums or using google, so ANY help or ideas is appreciated.
Using version 0.18.4 of FreeCAD with most recent KSU and KiCAD 5.1.5 on Windows 10 64-bit.
Finally, a huge thanks to KiCAD and all the lovely plugin developers.