Stable release 7.0.4

Reading this I wanted to download 7.0.4 but there is still 7.0.2.

Edit.

I see. I am one of confused :frowning:

Well, release version 7.0.4 was tagged in the source code repository 2 days ago by Wayne Stambaugh.

It has been built for several operating systems (for example fedora in the kicad-stable copr-repository).

It might be that the announcement is not up on the KiCad home page yet, that might take a couple days.

Exactly, and as I wrote, a day later it was released compiled (for Windows) on the official link “Windows All Stable Releases

Originally, I just wanted to thank the developers for working on version 7.0.4 and not argue here when and where this version can be downloaded :confused:

1 Like

That’s all good and well, but as the topic attracted some peoples questions, I and a few others tried to help them in some way. Hope that is okay with you…

That’s good of you, but I think if you had titled your OP “I love 7.0.4” without the words “stable release”, then it would have sounded less like an announcement. Then maybe there would have been some replies like: Great where can I get it, and then it would come out that you got it from the download directory. The official announcements usually have a disclaimer that it’s not available on all platforms right away. Most platforms rely on volunteer packagers.

7.0.4 has not been officially released as people have pointed out. It’s not official until we make a blog post / release announcement on various channels.

Will 7.0.4 be officiallyreleased at all?
It looks like milestones are being pushed to 7.0.6, which seems to indicate that 7.0.5 will be tagged very soon…

No, it will not, it will be 7.0.5 instead.

Ah, so I thought that if the released version is saved in “Windows All Stable Releases” then it is a valid stable version. That’s probably why the name of the link is called that. That is not the case. Version 7.0.4 has also disappeared from there.

So I apologize for the title of the post “Stable release 7.0.4”. I didn’t know that 7.0.4 wouldn’t exist. I was thinking as I described here.

Best regards,
Rene.

That explains 18 reverts in the 7.0 branch

Does it? The bugfix development continues after tagging a release. The reverts were related to 7.0.5 development which all happened after 7.0.4 tag.

7.0.5 hasn’t been tagged yet.
With the reverts, the only change since 7.0.4 tagging are the dragging via collision with self fixes. I suspect we will see a freeze to see if these fix the blocker bug.
The reverts can then go back in after the release

Probably this one is meant:

It seems to only be present in 7.0.x. Is the code in Nightly / 7.99 different, so this fix doesn’t apply there?

7.0.2 does not have the via dragging bug, so it must have been a recent change that caused this

…no more via dragging bug in 7.0.5 :slight_smile:

There is no 7.0.5 build yet. The tagging has just happened and the last snapshot 7.0.4.40 in Testing did not have the bug

MacOS Previous Releases?
On Windows the developers have been keeping total secrecy on 7.0.5 this time.
Even their mailing list is silent

2 posts were split to a new topic: 7.0.5-2-testing required

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.