Simulation with files located on NAS drive fails on Windows 10

Hi there, I have just started with Kicad 8 on W10 and tried simulation of LLC. Unfortunately I got the following error:
I suspect that the slash is in the wrong direction. How could I change that?

Note: Codel model file loading path is \macis-NAS\home\IOT\IOT\KiCad\Sim boost converter\LLC
Warning: there is no circuit loaded.
Command ‘remcirc’ is ignored.
Error: Could not find include file //macis-NAS/home/IOT/IOT/KiCad/Sim boost converter/LLC/models.lib
Error: there aren’t any circuits loaded.
Error: vector time not found!

I split this off, the simulation examples thread is a bad location to ask unrelated questions.

Best I know both slashes or back slashes can be used in path names.
When you get yourself into trouble, try to simplify things. Start with working examples (such as from the thread you first posted in). If you suspect path name problems, then copy all used files into your project directory, and use them directly from that location.

I moved the project directory from the external drive to C: and it worked. However I would like to use the external drive to be able to access the project from different PCs through network.

This problem has been discussed some time ago (wrong slashes sent to ngspice). Unfortunately I have not found the protocol/comments/issue. I will aks the KiCad developers for some support.

Mount your network share as a drive in windows

There is already an issue defined at Simulation does not work with UNC paths [MSW-specific?] (#15753) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab.

You may give it a thumbs-up.

1 Like