Simulation of an earphone load?

Hi,

trying to make a simple transient sim

• how can I sim an earphone ? what model should I use ?

thanks for your help

[edit : found a model for the MCP6001 on this forum]

I found this paper about it, maybe you can get access to that? SPICE simulation of headphones and earphones (researchgate.net)

Alternatively, you could probably model it as an inductor with a series resistor. If you have the earphone in hand, you can use an LRC meter to get the correct inductance & resistance values.

That being said, I know that some electromagnetic components have nonconstant inductance because of moving magnetic elements (e.g. solenoid valves), so I’m not 100% confident this would work.

I have set a simple resistor so far
I just need a simple frequency response graph

I’ve used MCP6001 opamps (≈ MCP6002)… and others in simulations. But…

Modeling Speakers and Earphones can become complex so, for my needs (guitar/instrument stomp boxes) I stick to ‘simple resistance’ for the Speakers and the results seem to serve me well enough for audio filtering and shaping. I’ve also included inductance/etc but too many assumptions to make for my projects.

My hobby audio-projects include assessing the output of a fixed-input wave-form (of a particular audio of interest) so, I do this in LTspice. Earlier on, I did have limited success with NGspice/Kicad but, always too much trouble for me…

Perhaps other websites (that are less about Kicad and more about NGspice modeling) may help… (I always come away from them thinking I wasted time for a minimally refined-tweak)…

Of course, your Signal-Modeling needs may be far different than mine but, I post this anyway…

Basic simple example screenshots that formed my early stages of Audio simulation…

A MCP6001 at 5V won’t go very loud into a typical 32 Ohm earphone. They are only designed for 10mA maximum output.
50 Ohm feedback is also very low and this is normally used as a single supply opamp

actually I try to build and simulate a band pass filter