'Simulation' as a new category

Dear list maintainers,

what about a new category ‘Simulation’ for this list?

1 Like

Tagging @ChrisGammell as i think this must be done by him.

Sounds like a good idea, I managed with basic R, C, diode circuit (after correcting for pin order!) but completely stuck with transistors or MOSFETs.

At least a pointer to some tutorials that are specific to KiCad and have examples that work in the latest version would be good.

I asked about this in the lounge but only @Rene_Poschl answered so I let it die. I don’t know if we can have a sub category in software but that would seem to be a logical choice. @ChrisGammell Regardless, now that V5RC_X has been out we are seeing more discussion.

@holger might be in a better position to suggest a structure on how this might best be handled.

1 Like

After 10 minutes of stumbling around the admin interface and getting nowhere I found the option via a goolge search.
:slight_smile:

Now comes the question of color (can be defined elsewhere if the choices are insufficient) and location:

Personally I would put it into schematic, as you run it from there (like the CvPCB subcategory), no?
Anyhow, it’s either a color that goes with blue or with red - suggestions?

[later…]
Hm, seems it picked it’s own subcolor… cool.
I hope ‘gold?’ is alright.

I only get to it via the categories option on the main tree though, doesn’t come up via the selector (yet).
https://forum.kicad.info/c/schematic/simulation-ngspice

[even later…]
sorted two threads into the new category as it was available in that drop down.
I hope everyone can access it as well - please notify me if that is not the case (never done this creation thing before).

1 Like

It seems for some reason the simulation category vanished.

I still see it in the list of categories as a sub category of Schematic. See this screenshot:
info%20Forums

I restarted firefox and now everything is ok again. (I think the session on this pc was open before the category has been added. Somehow did not update it.)

1 Like

Attack of the phantom cache. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.