SHIFT + click VS SHIFT + drag

quick query : I seem to remember being able to add items to a selection by SHIFT + click, but in 5.99, I can only add another item to the selection using SHIFT + drag. Is that as per design?

For me [Shift + Click] still works.
I can also change the “Selection Filters” in the lower right corner halfway during a complex selection and then work further with the updated filter settings.

Maybe you can influence it with: Pcb Editor / Preferences / Preferences / PCB Editor / Editing Options

My current settings are:

A thing that does seem to be missing in V5.99 is that [Shift + LMB] used to toggle individual items into and out of the selection. This was very handy for a complex selection and a few too many items got into the selection. Is this me, or is it KiCad?

Interesting… I do actually remember being able to use [SHIFT + click] with 5.99. So I’m thinking it may be an issue arising from modifying my hotkeys. In which case, this could be a bug.

the XOR selection you describe was unfortunately removed in the most recent round of hotkey consolidation – there were too many modifiers for too few hotkeys, and they did not all work cross-platform. I guess XOR selection was deemed the least critical. There’s more discussion in a gitlab issue.

As can be seen in the Preferences->Editor options, it’s CTRL+SHIFT+click for removal of objects.

Editor options???

But it’s enough of a hint :slight_smile: So for others digging up this thread later:
Pcb Editor / Preferences / Preferences / PCB Editor / Editing Options

And [Ctrl + Shift] does work for me and I can work with that.

I’m now in the process of adapting to KiCad-nightly V5.99 and getting used to all the nice new things and many improvements.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.