Ratsnest not appearing in nightly

I’ve loaded a netlist into PCBNEW-nightly and the ratsnest doesn’t appear. I’ve enabled/disabled ratnest globally and for selected components and also changed the ratsnest color/opacity. No change. I’ve also loaded the netlist into PCBNEW 5.1.7 and it does appear.

I checked the KiCad bug list and nothing about this problem is reported. Also no pertinent reports in this forum. Something this blatant would probably have been mentioned, so maybe it’s a cockpit error on my part?

This is another recent post in which apparently a part of the netlist / ratsnest is missing. But the post was by an inexperienced user and maybe it was something else.

How do you “load a netlist into PCBNEW-nightly”? From your way of writing it seems you do not use Eeschema / Tools / Update PCB from Schematic [F8] but are using the old / deprecated way of first generating a netlist file.

I’m loading a netlist generated by SKiDL.

I found that when I saved the layout and then reloaded it in PCBNEW, the ratsnest appeared and will hide/unhide correctly.

That could very well be a bug with that workflow. It’s probably not tested as much as the “Update PCB from Schematic” workflow.

1 Like

Please file a bug report for this and attach the netlist

I found that clicking on the “Rebuild Ratsnest” button in the “Import Netlist” dialog also cured the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.