Problem with pcb edge and pci connector

i have the problem that the pci connector breakes the edgecuts.
is there a way to connect the pcb edge to the connector?
Neue Bitmap.bmp (1.9 MB)

Looks like you don’t have a closed shape on the Edge.Cuts layer. Please post a screenshot from within PCBNew. One issue might be, that your footprint has some lines on Edge.Cuts which lays over your regaular board shape.

yes the pci connector has edge cuts . here is the screenshot you requested.
Neue Bitmap.bmp (1.3 MB)

Then you have to connect your own graphics on the Edge.Cuts layer this way that the result is one closed loop with no lines overlapping and so on.

I converted your bitmap to a png. Size shrinks from 1.3MiB to 56KiB A 30x difference. Gosh.

Graphics on Edge.Cuts must be a single closed outline. No gaps, no double lines, no lines crossing each other. The PCI-Express connectors in KiCad’s default libraries already have lines on edge.Cuts. With such footprints you only draw the outside of the PCB and then snap them to the open endpoints of the existing lines in the footprint.

Recently there was another thread with very similar question:

thank you for the info.

Yep, I have had troubles with Edge.Cuts - it appeared that the lines in this Layer should be connected. At first I’ve dropped a rectangle attached to the bus connector footprint in the bottom, but Design Rules Checker was not happy about it. So I’ve connected the out-edge by separate lines:

thank you for the info. it works now :smiley:

1 Like

A word of warning: your PCB manufacturer will complain about the two inside corners in the edge cuts.
You should rethink those, eg, by using “dog-bone” corners.