Printing hierarchical sheets

I used a hierarchy to insert multiple instances of a subcircuit into a schematic. Worked great and made the root sheet so much neater. But when it came to printing, one sheet was produced for every instance of the subcircuit. I can remove the extra sheets by subsetting the PDF file, but I was wondering if anything had improved since this answer.

I also wonder if there is now any facility to control the printing order since this question.

But really what I like to have in some future release is to print the root sheet with template child sheets with unannotated components, 1 per subcircuit. So the printout would not be a complete representation of the whole circuit, but more pedagogical. To get the complete circuit one would import the design files anyway.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1806172 (although it’s for plotting).

If you look carefully, you should see that each printed sheet should have the proper Ref’d identifiers for that sheet instance. But, I agree. This can be a big waste of paper when going to hardcopy.

Of course, I understand that the printout represents the fully expanded circuit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.