Printing a Heirarchical Sheet (only 1)

I am working to get better at searching for bug reports and wishlist items; and I’ve twice already tried to find the issue in the topic title.

A project has 5 hierarchical sheets; all duplicate schematic layouts. I wanted to print 1 of the 5 sheets as a reference for the other 4.

When clicking print I got 6 sheets, the 5 hierarchical and the top sheet also. I have found no way to print just one sheet.

Should this be filed as a bug?

A temporary workaround might be to print to PDF (using what ever PDF print driver you have access to), and then in a PDF viewer that has minor editing capabilities delete the extra pages. Print to paper from the new PDF.

As far as only printing select schematic pages from within KiCad, I don’t think I’ve tried that so I can’t help you there. Sorry.

2 Likes

It works to PLOT to PDF only the current page.

It is a viable workaround! Thanks!

However, it still seems like a bug/wishlist item for one method to be able to select only the current page, and the other method not able to.

On Edit: Using a not to old V5RC2 nightly.

I think the print code/tool/etc. is somewhat neglected and has no high priority.
At least that was my impression.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.