Place for Action Plugin wiki?

Is there a defined place for a Action Plugin developer to establish a wiki for their project. I’d like to start writing small tutorials on KiCommand and would like a central, accessible place to put them. I have lost my “regular” trust level and am only a “member” at the moment.

1 Like

Just start a thread in this category, then ask one of the admins to make it a wiki post and add to index.

2 Likes

I’ve added the main KiCommand thread to the index. I’ve also been upgraded to “regular” from “member” trust level. (yay!).

I just read through the original KiCommand thread and it was full of development progress, but also a lot of misleading information if you were trying to learn KiCommand today.

Is there any recommendation on how to retain “historical/development” info in a thread and also organize updated information in a “wiki-like” format?

Cut and paste into the new thread. The original post could be made into a wiki and the thread could get edited, but, cut and paste might be easiest. Basically though, the first post that will be wiki’d is what needs to be kept up and accurate.

I ended up creating a separate wiki post “wiki and tutorial” and kept the “discussion” thread separate. If this becomes unwieldy, I can reformulate it. I put links to discussion, wiki, and download in the persistent External Software post.

Thank you!!

Do you want the wiki thread closed. You should still be able to edit the wiki.

Closed means no responses? That would be fine. Up to you. If it’s possible for me to delete responses, it might be good to keep open for people to make comments and suggestions. If I can’t delete responses, then closing it would keep it clean long term. Again, up to you.

Let’s leave it open. We can delete posts as needed or move them to the discussion thread if that is more appropriate.

Awesome. Thanks for your help!

The was also, here in the forum, a discussion about a official repository/installation method/wizard to help user to find the developed plugins. I found the migrated issued in Gitlab https://gitlab.com/kicad/code/kicad/issues/2379

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.