Not much parts in the library? Microchip PIC family almost completely missing?

hello all brothers… i just installed the latest version of the ki cad and guess what, the microchip microcontrollers are missing…i dont see any 16f, 18f and toher most popular series in the list… what happened??? i tried updating the libs in pcb new but nothing happened… what shud i do???

thaNX IN advance…

KiCad has separate libraries for PIC MCU’s. I have made PIC10, PIC12, PIC16, PIC18 libraries, you should add these libraies in Eeschema in your project configuration:

Of course they are not 100% completed (for ex. PIC16 are hudge family) and still many parts are missing.

1 Like

where i can download these all libraries??? can u plz share???thanx in advance

If they’re not preinstalled with KiCad (or you want a new version), download here.

1 Like

These libraries are included in the current stable release of KiCad (4.0.6). Which KiCad release you are using?

You can also download my library repository here.

but they probably are already on your system.
under linux: /usr/share/kicad/library

in windows (i think): C:\Program Files\KiCad\share\kicad\library

open this in your browser and look if they are there.
If they are in this directory than you have the same problem as described in this thread:

yeah, thanx a lot brothers…i ve sorted out… thanx a lot brotherss…

In Linux, I just did a directory listing of that folder:
**dir /usr/share/kicad/library/*.lib**
and edited my /usr/share/kicad/template/kicad.pro file to include all of them (91 of them), however, eeschema seems to max-out at 87… The last 4 aren’t included. No errors are thrown as if the libraries don’t exist (there definitely there), just eeschema doesn’t populate the list with them when adding a component.

1 Like