Node voltages and branch currents

Hello everyone,
i have been (trying) to learn more electronic and I found myself buried (literally) with hand-notes and books, not to mention the large number of pdf files on my PC and youtube vids.
A colleague of mine mentioned proteus and i looked it up and noticed a cool feature which is the possibility to see node/branch voltage and/or current on you schematic (after all the necessary part and components have been added).
I know that this is possible on KiCAD after a simulation is run by using the probe, (voltages can be read by placing the probe on individual branches etc.)
Honestly< I like KiCAD more and I will stick with it however, I was wondering if the discovery of node voltages and currents can also be seen on Schema before I run a simulation.
I know that QUCSpice also has/had something like this (attached a screenshot)

Thanks for any inputs

I don’t think there are any plans for that level of integration. Smulation will still have to be a separate run for the foreseeable future.

For simple circuits you might want to look at:

https://falstad.com/circuit/

or the HTML5 version:

Unfortunately I have been unable to discover how to convert a Falstad circuit file to a KiCad schematic.

This feature is not available yet, but it is on the wishlist, and has been discussed, see Wishlist, simulation: OP simulation labels (#11253) · Issues · KiCad / KiCad Source Code / kicad · GitLab .

One popular simulator SW is LTsim, LTspice Information Center | Analog Devices
Not so simple as in first post, but not hard either.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.