Need a User Layer in PCB editor and 3D Viewer

I like to draw a shape that represents the chassis or box in PCB Editor when I do my layouts, is there any way to make this shape to appear in the 3D Viewer ?
It should work similar to the edge cuts layer but it should not become a part of the final PCB, it’s just there for a visual reference.

I like to design Amps and stomp-boxes with board mounted pots, and having the outline of the final exterior in PCB Editor makes it easier to visualize the final product for me.
It would be really great if it would appear in in the 3D Viewer as well

Maybe . . .

1 Like

. . . or, if you have your exterior box as 3D CAD you can make a footprint for it and associated 3D and it will show in the 3D.

1 Like

or you can add the step to an existing footprint that IS alredy placed on the layout.

I changed the chassis outline to User.Eco1 and then I un-ticked the realistic mode in the 3D settings and then I could see the chassis outline in the 3D viewer.
I have made footprints before but I have no idea how to make 3D pictures, but I am happy with the current result as it does what I want.
Thank you for all the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.