Mixing ngspicebehavior setting - is it possible?

I like the set ngspicebehavior=ps. But when I do, I cannot use some of the special variable like TEMPER (Where in PSPICE is TEMP). Is there a way to use manufacture models that required ps compatible, where my netlist use other non-ps model?.

[OLD INCORRECT STATEMENT]
I like the set ngspicebehavior=ps. But when I do, I cannot use some of the special model from ngspice like BXXX. Is there a way to use manufacture models that required ps compatible, where my netlist use other non-ps model?.

It should work, but …

Could you please post a simple example ot working properly that I could use for testing, e.g. a SPICE netlist?

This will took me a while to get back - to make sure I’m not violate any law.
Or you can download the NCS2007 model - this one only work in PS mode for .trans simulation (It some how don’t have .ac model for simulation!!)
And use one of the B model from ngspice as supply voltage or input voltage for simple buffer OpAmp circuitry to test.

nhatkhai,

If you want to report a bug, please do it the usual way by giving:
KiCad and ngspice versions
Short report on the bug
ngspice error message, if any
A short test case showing the error and enabling the maintainer to reproduce the bug.

If I do not have this information, I cannot be of help to you.

To make it more simple:

Please post such a BXXX line here that is not compatible with the ps mode.

Actually the B is supported by PSPICE. But because I use TEMPER - but PSPICE expected TEMP. So I had rewords my issue statement. Any TEMPER variable would not work with PSPICE.

B2 Net-_R1-Pad2_ Net-_V2-Pad2_ V=0.1*TEMPER

[ADDED] But B in PSPICE is not the same model as in NGSPICE. So above line would be good enough for testing how mixing PSPICE/NGSPICE behavior work or not.

1 Like