LM339 assigning Symbol Pin to Model Pin

Hi there,
I have imported LM339 device which holds 4 units and tried to assign symbol pin to Model pin for unit A. This worked. Next I tried to assign for model B. This worked, however the assignment for model A was overwritten by values in model B.
How can I make assignments for all 4 units?
thanks

To simulate four comparators, you will need four models. Whether they are physically in one package or not isn’t relevant.

Packages only become relevant when you work with the Schematic and PCBs.

If you have a multi-unit symbol (e.g. from a dual opamp, a dual bipolar transistor or a quad nand gate …) and your ngspice model from the vendor is addressing only a single device, for example the comparator model has only 5 pins (in+, in-, out, vcc, vee), but your symbol has 14, then you have to create an intermediate ngspice subcircuit.

I have explained this in my tutorial at KiCad Eeschema as GUI for ngspice, tutorial for setting up the simulation or in a video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEfvVOEF0e0.

If it is only for simulation, you indeed might, as jmk has said, use 4 different devices, U1 - U4, and only use units A (and E for power, if not in A) of each device.

1 Like