KiMotor plugin fix

After installing KiMotor, the run icon did not appear in KiCAD7, and the error found that the constant “IU_PER_MM” changed in KiCAD7, and I changed it to a number, it can run, but it still does not work properly, and the author cannot be contacted

https://github.com/cooked/kimotor

Already feedback, the author did not reply

Maybe contact here:

According to: Code frequency · cooked/kimotor · GitHub there has not much been going on over there for the last three months.

Data crunching to create a graph seems to be quite slow on gitlab. Apparently someone has made a fork of that project, but when I attempted to have a look at that I got:

and I gave up.

Are there any other plugin authors involved in fixing this plugin?

I patched it to work with kicad 7 but it’s buggy as hell. I get same results now in both v7 and v6

2 Likes

:+1: You did a great job.

I tested the fixed program and found that the problem appeared on the chamfer algorithm, and here is the result when I set the chamfer to 0, there is no error.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve added support for kicad 7 over the weekend.

I also changed the fillet to be 0 by default so that the plugin generates a valid layout out of the box.

I’m working on a proper fix to the fillet bug, this is why I didn’t push a new version out yet.
Meanwhile you can download the master branch of the repo and install the plugin from local file.

Hang in there, hope to give you an update with the fix soon.

Cheers,
Stef

5 Likes

Hi Hayden!
Would you be keen on sharing your patched version of this plugin?

This is my collection of all kicad plug-ins, self-extracting zip package, automatically unzip to the plug-in installation directory

Self extracting executable is a terrible idea. Not only is it not trustworthy to download random binaries from random sites, it’s not portable to other platforms.

Just put a normal zip somewhere.

1 Like

Because many of my friends who are new to kicad will not use it I will make it a self-extracting file and install it automatically. It is essentially a zip package, just unzip him as a zip package in other platforms

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.