KiCad Crashes Upon Opening Schematic (Solved)

Hi guys,

Have been running on nightly for some time now. Having updated to 6.0.0-rc1 today, if I open any schematic dated back to circa May/June 2018, it will crash KiCad. The schematic file version is at 4. Any way to remedy this by editing the schematic file by hand?

I figured it out it has to do with the rescue-lib present. If the project file listed a rescue-lib different from the one included, it will crash KiCad.

I think you mean 5.0.0…

You might want to report that as a bug, especially since you can reproduce it.

1 Like

oh man that version string is even better then the previous one. (Now people will think v6 is near for the next two years.)

2 Likes

I’m surprised someone hasn’t informed us that “v6-rc1 has been released” :slight_smile:

Really, the version string in nightlies should read something like “warning-this-is-not-a-new-release-and-may-contain-bugs”.

1 Like

Or adding the word “pre” or “dev” or anything basically that tells people that it is not really a release.

1 Like

@rocketscream, I think is related with IMPORTANT: Symbol Library Table Merged into Development Branch
It was some hack that I did on Nightly when changed v4 to pre-v5 (with the new symbol table format).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.