Kicad 5.1.10 Stable Release : OCC conflict with FreeCAD - stable

Hi all,
The issue observed month ago on nignly builds is now effective on stable releases.
obderved on ubuntu 20.4 freecad 0.19.2 and kicad 5.1.10

Would it be possible to build the KiCAD debian package on OCC 7.5 as to allow the coexistence of both sw?

I would enforce this topic. Apt is running crazy and is downgrading FREECAD to 0.18 (or remove KICAD).

I’m also having a problem with this.
After an “sudo apt update” the my current output of “sudo apt upgrade” (On my linux Ming box) is:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 libocct-data-exchange-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-data-exchange-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
 libocct-foundation-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-foundation-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
 libocct-modeling-algorithms-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-modeling-algorithms-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
 libocct-modeling-data-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-modeling-data-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
 libocct-ocaf-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-ocaf-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
 libocct-visualization-7.5 : Breaks: libocct-visualization-7.3 but 7.3.3+dfsg1-1build1 is to be installed
E: Broken packages
paul@medion:~$ 

Unfortunately I’m having a lot of trouble on focusing on such problems.
Luckily Mint as an “update manager” that can still update all the other stuff even with these broken packages.

I am running Ubuntu Unity 20.04 and I solved it by first installing these dependencies in the following order:

sudo apt-get install libocct-foundation-7.3
sudo apt-get install libocct-visualization-7.3
sudo apt-get install libocct-data-exchange-7.3

and then install Kicad is usual.

Unfortunately this breaks Freecad. Any way to have both Kicad Stable and Freecad installed?

See also:

Collision between KiCad and FreeCad version of OCC

It’s always possible to compile KiCad. It’s not even very difficult, see Build from source - simple instructions to compile KiCad for some Linux distributions.

an option is to use FreeCAD AppImage … it is a self containing environment
FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases
and weekly builds
FreeCAD weekly builds

Downside is so far I have not gotten freecads appimage to run in Wayland.
I might have to compile freecad to see if it is a general issue it has with Xwayland

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.