KiBoM - Python BOM Generation tool

Hi, I cannot see the file KiBoM_CLI.py either and in the new instructions you indicate that it should be opened. Any hints to open/run the script?

Updating on a new machine myself, and the link above (“new instructions here”) is broken @SchrodingersGat.

I think one of the disconnects is that the “+” button on the Bill of Materials dialog is expecting to point to the file where you are running the plugin from (since it expects and XSLT or whatever).

So I just clicked the plus button, chose a dummy file of my own creation (empty file named KiBom) and then I changed the command line command to be what it recommends in the #Usage section that was linked above. This is still pretty unclear in the README.md, and I would recommend modifying it for clarity.

I have made a few changes which should help users having issues here:

Reverted to KiBoM_CLI.py file

I initially moved away from using this file when I implemented KiBoM as a PIP package. However as KiCad ships with its own copy of Python (which is difficult to install PIP into) I’ve decided it is simpler to support KiBoM as a static set of files.

Updated Documentation

The documentation has been updated and should now be much easier to follow.

Please let me know if there are still any issues or confusing points.

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the update and for the great plugin. One of my favorites!

Just discovered KiBOM and must say that the tool does just what I needed. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Creating .xlsx files with KiBoM

It’s better to start a new topic as this one is about 3 years old. Hopefully the author will see the new topic.