Creating .xlsx files with KiBoM

I cannot create .xlsx format files. I am getting an error as shown in the below.

Command error. Return code -1.
KiBOM version 1.9.0

ERROR Error writing XLSX output
ERROR Error writing variant ‘None’

and I m typing this form. Also ı tried to add “-vvvv” but that have no difference

“%I” “%O.xlsx”

What should I do? I m also using XlsxWriter package but I’m not sure if I’m using it correctly

1 pip install XlsxWriter
2 Release 1.9.0 · SchrodingersGat/KiBoM · GitHub ?
3 GitHub - JitterCompany/Kicad_bom_sync: KiCad BOM plugin that syncs changes from KiCad to a spreadsheet

I wanna solve this with only KiBoM plugin

Did installing xlsxwriter (via pip) work?

Also if you have a full error log, that would be very handy to provide.

I installed xlsxwriter in compiler but ı not sure it is works. can you show me the all path to do for .xlsx

Can you provide a minimum working example schematic which exhibits the problem? (please strip any sensitive or otherwise information)

there is no problem for .html and .csv files there is only in .xlsx

Run with -vvv option to provide more verbose output, maybe that will show some more information about the error

that is generating .csv.tmp type file.
-vvv

"%I" "%O.xlsx" "-vvv" instead

in addition to others,I got an output like this : INFO Removing: Build Quantity

Ok, so not much useful information.

Can you please provide a .kicad_sch file which I can use to reproduce the issue?

hi, you need to install xlsxwriter using kicad’s pip instead of system default pip. They are different.

Can you explain to me in detail how it’s done ?

1 KiCad 7.0 Command Prompt
2 pip install XlsxWriter

Hi,

This screenshot can show you how to do it.

Please ignore the paramater ‘-i’, it’s using Chinese local package source and it’s only available in China.

1 Like

Thank you all, that is done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.