Ive finished (I hope) my first PCB could anyone check my work?

Hi all, would anyone be so kind to look aver my first PCB and report any errors please?

Thank you Paul Tomlinson

Sure.

First error is that there is neither a project attached nor a link to it. :slight_smile:

Also, start with New Member Information to learn how to earn “trust” on this forum to get past the automated anti spam bots.

1 Like

I didn’t attach anything as not to sound presumptuous… I hope you understand.

I’m sorry i’m very new to this forum and again my apologies, I shall re-send to that section.

You can also search this forum for other PCB reviews. There is a lot of overlap between the mistakes people make in a PCB design.

https://forum.kicad.info/search?expanded=true&q=pcb%20review

I’m also going away from my PC now for a few hours so don’t expect a quick response from me. But others also give some hints. But this forum is a bit quieter in the weekends compared to the rest of the week.

Note also this: Off-topic posts will be closed easily. We aren’t going to teach you electronics, but when you attach a KiCad project as ask comments about it, we will consider the thread to be directly related to KiCad – until some point.

There are many beginner project threads here already which pretty much repeat the same basic things: ground planes and ground connections, bypass capacitor placement, general component placement… but if I recall correctly, nobody has collected links to them to make a FAQ article.

1 Like

I was also thinking about that, but I’m not sure whether it’s worth collecting them. The search I posted already shows a bunch of them. Maybe it’s better to edit the titles of those old threads to add “PCB review” in their titles or something similar.

PCBs don’t cost much today. So you can just order some and see if everything works. Try to think now about how you’ll connect power supply or battery leads and such.
If you are a beginner in electronics try to choose a very simple project as your first (No one does it this way, but I can try). No more than a blinking LED, even that is a bit difficult.
There are electronics forums

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.