Import boards from altium

These are not feature or file format changes, so they can merge into 7.0.x if the developers have the time (and assistance from users willing to test)

I don’t quite understand whether I should test regular builds and wait for fixes there or test nightly builds … I need to understand where to test the fixes above

The fixes come to the nightly builds (7.99) first. There you can test them now.
Notice that projects from 7.99 / Nightly builds can’t be opened with 7.0.6.

Once there has been some testing in the nightlies, the fixes may be backported to the “testing” builds, which is the bugfix development for the 7.0 series; at the moment towards the next stable bugfix release 7.0.7.

3 Likes

On Windows, you can have both 7.0.6 and 7.99 installed at the same time.

On fedora Linux too. I think it is similar on other flavours of Linux.

is this fix expected in test builds?

More than two weeks have passed, but the fixes from the nightly builds from the message above have not made it to the test

If possible, add these fixes to the test assembly at the moment they are only available on nightly

Have you tried them out on the nightly build? Perhaps they didn’t yet get feedback, or there were issues, or something…

Yes, it works at night, but only half of the test ones

FYI, the fixes are now in the latest testing build (7.0.7.rc1)

Yes, I checked it works, thanks!

1 Like

Continuing the topic about the missing part of the component in the paste layer … I tested the last test assembly and there the component appeared on the board in the paste layer but disappeared from the gerberas during generation

PCB_Teplica.kicad_pcb (1.3 MB)
PCB_Teplica-Bottom Paste.gbr (13.4 KB)

What a lovely spelling mistake! Without it I wouldn’t have known that they both got their names from the same proper name.

This looks like an old PCB file:

Re-import the .PcbDoc file in 7.0.7.rc1 version (just tested).

I apologize for the translation) I will try to show in pictures

Application: KiCad PCB Editor x64 on x64
Version: 7.0.7-rc1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 6.0.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.88.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13
Platform: Windows 10 (build 19044), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
Date: Aug 5 2023 05:13:38
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.7.1
Curl: 7.88.1-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: Visual C++ 1936 without C++ ABI
Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Open our altium board from the test 2 folder in the board editor, do you see everything in order? Now save it in kicad format and open again the result in the picture

Converter breaks when choosing save as in PCB editor