Import boards from altium

In version 7.0.6, when importing a board from Altium, the silkscreen layer on some sites leaves, plus the copper layers are mixed up … I checked the nightly assembly and there are no such problems … Is this fix expected in the 7th branch? Or is it only possible in version 8?
Application: KiCad x64 on x64
Version: 7.0.6, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.2.2
FreeType 2.12.1
HarfBuzz 6.0.0
FontConfig 2.14.1
libcurl/7.88.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13
Platform: Windows 10 (build 19044), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
Date: Jul 6 2023 04:56:45
wxWidgets: 3.2.2 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.6.3
Curl: 7.88.1-DEV
ngspice: 40
Compiler: Visual C++ 1936 without C++ ABI
Build settings:
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Can you provide an example project where it’s broken?

I would call his a bug, so could be fixed in V7.
The developers need a sample that causes these errors

In this example, pay attention to vd12 vd5
1.zip (1.1 MB)

I can provide the original board in Altum format but it is 12mb and the maximum upload size is 4mb

Just upload to Google Drive, or somewhere else, in that case.

at number 1, the silk-screen printing on diodes vd12 vd5 and parts of other components in the archive left the original and the result. At number 2, the copper layer left da1 and b.paste

In the second example, da1, it is not clear how it turned out without a layer of solder paste
There is also a moment with a mismatch in the purpose of the layers in what is indicated in the code and what in fact it generates on the example of this question, this also applies to the converter of boards from Altium when loading Provide support for User.x layers · Issue #176 · easyw/kicadStepUpMod · GitHub

The fix for the silkscreen polygon issue is now in 7.0.

What was wrong:

The second issue is:

The polygon in this footprint should be on mask and solder paste layers too. And this is more involved to implement correctly.

Explain what you mean by available ? A fix for the silkscreen polygon issue is now available in version 7.0. Fix it manually? Or ?

It was just commited, not “available”. Wait for a day and the next 7.0 testing build will come out with the fix.

2 Likes

Does this apply to 2 examples?

No, only the silkscreen issue has been fixed. The second issue needs more work.

1 Like

Another small question) silkscreen fixes concerns fixes when converting a footprint from altium library to kicad ?

Using this board’s Altium lib in KiCad looks fine:

I noticed that when converting libraries on some components, the silkscreen leaves not specifically on the board from the example, but even before dragging onto the board … In the browser

Create request by mistake 2 ? Or is it already fixed?

Yes, please create an issue for it, with a minimal example and screenshots.

With some components, when converting libraries from altium to kickad, there is a silkscreen offset … Is this a separate problem or common with 1 ?