Import boards from altium

What do you mean? Show screenshots.

Also the testing build with the silkscreen fix is out (kicad-7.0-testing_7.0.6.58.ge4a80d887a-x86_64.exe), you can check it yourself.

In the paths of futprint libraries, we indicate altium… then we open the footprints and on some after conversion there is a displaced silkscreen… this can be seen in the browser… this also applies to third-party libraries, for example componentsearchengine.com

Please provide a specific footprint that’s broken.

as you understand da1 should be on top. The second point is that after editing, I can’t open the symbol again, I open the property, but nothing happens, and this is on two different machines

LIB_BD9G500EFJ-LAE2.zip (1.7 MB)

I can open this symbol in altium and da1 will be on top all the information is solely for understanding the problem

Altium doesn’t store the location of silkscreen RefDes in the footprint. It places the RefDes automatically when placing the component on the board.

There’s a feature request for automatic RefDes placement in KiCad:
PCBNEW Feature Request/Wish: An Reference Designator Autoplacement tool.

1 Like

If this cannot be corrected, then at least a notification that some items do not correspond as done in the importer

Can you open my footprint, change it, discard the changes and reopen it in the symbol editor? It doesn’t open when I press it again

Works fine for me. ~

Otherwise, need exact steps of where to click to reproduce this.

Change footprint discard save and open again ?

Works fine:

You open a naked footprint that is not tied to a board or a project … I’ll try to film it, but it’s definitely not hardware or viruses

I’ve fixed your silkscreen, paste and solder mask issues in master branch. Test your projects on tomorrow’s nightly build:

Also it understands cyrillic characters in footprint names better now:

3 Likes

Will these fixes only be available in nightly builds?

There’s a delay before backporting to ensure that there are no regressions. The more people could test on their projects (including older projects), the faster it could get backported.

These are not feature or file format changes, so they can merge into 7.0.x if the developers have the time (and assistance from users willing to test)