How to make hierarchical sheets independant?

Hi, i wanted to make the hierarchical sheets i took from other projects unique so i can modify them in the current project without affecting the ones that had them originally, there doesnt seem to be a clear way to do this, so any advice would be appreciated…

How did you take them from the other projects? If you just copy/pasted the files, they are already independent.

i used the “add a hierarchical sheet” button" and then i navigated to the folder it was in and selected the sheet
, so i supposed they are linked?

Yes, the way you did it they are not independent. You need to copy the file into the new project directory.

ah… is there no way to break the link? it would be a bit faster and i assume would be better long term, if possible that is, or does everyone do it like this?(just copy pasting so there is no link to begin with)

The link is to a file. If you browsed to the same file as the other project, you are now sharing the same file. There is not a separate concept of “link” – if you want separate sheets, make a copy of the files.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.