How to get a script for tuning the length of differential pairs?

I need to match the length of 3 differential pairs and check that individual wires in them match too. I know there is such script but I cant find a post about it.
And how do you install and run a script?

Perhaps you"re referring to a post of mine.

Re: Scripts - many posts/tutorials so, search or hereā€™s my video intended only to encourage the curious user. Expand the write-up, the Info contains code for track lengthā€¦

Scriptease, a new title to my post and project.
Yes, I may have seen your post. I think I installed some scripts, but how it is used? I tried one in the top right corner of the screen, it almost works. The script freezed once, and the ā€œupdate track lengthā€ gives an error. ā€œLoad settingsā€ button says the net has no pads. It misses only by two.
Here is what I got

The whole screen. I tried the on the right hand corner of the screen.

I know Nothing about other scripts. I know only my scripts.
Best to look into where you got your script - maybe youā€™ll get the hep you want.

I understand. How can I find your script?

I donā€™t post scripts/codes beyond examples - the video shows the full code and the ā€˜show moreā€™ contains added code, you can copy/paste it.

Homework is reqā€™d to learn the simplicity of creating Pluginā€™s (and video/show-more has the info needed).

You can also learn how to paste the code (and a couple of lines of needed code to run from the script console tool).

Why do you need a script for this? You can view the length of the diff pairs in the Net Inspector and then use the built-in tuning tools to increase the length of the shorter nets to match the longest.

1 Like

That is the way I am going to do it. Especially now when I found the net inspector. Only slight problem is that I have several diff nets, and using the length tuning tool is a bit difficult. What setting to have, and its newer finishing its work. Besides, a good tool could check what is the longest net from selected, and adjust the rest after that.

Edit: Diif pairs could handle switching pins better. I have to add a via myself to swap the order of tracks of a diff pair.
Edit2: Tuning and matching the the lengths of more than one differential pairs could be easier. That is the reason for my post.

Itā€™s in the worksā€¦ but out of curiosity, why would one need to length tune MIPI CSI/DSI inter-pair skew? All of these protocols usually include internal deskewā€¦

T.

Good

Good to know.
I donā€™t know for sure, at the moment I know only that my first proto does not work. But it has two problems, first is this diff pairs of different length. Iā€™m very happy if that is not a problem. I have modified an IO4 board file from Raspberry Pi, and I have 3 buses with clock and data pairs.
Second problem is that in some of my diff pairs P and N wire lengths do no not match exactly. I had to cross P and N wires in couple of places, because connectors did not always match, and I didnā€™t think it would matter. I was wrong probably.

And then in new Raspberry Kicad files they have matched lengths of every data and clock pairs, and of course P and N wires.
And I think I saw a script here for that this autumn or summer, and I couldnā€™t find it myself now. It looks like there isnā€™t such script.

Leif

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.