How to design FootPrints NFC Antenna with KiCad without Error DRC?

Hi,

I want to design FootPrints NFC Antenna with Kicad.

For this, I design antenna in footpints with (EditFootprints). I use a component layer for trace Antenna. For a schema, i use a component “Net Tie”.

But in PCB i have error DRC

Please to help me?

Thanks,

Vincent

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have reopened because @Vincent is still having problems and tried to get help on gitlab (which is not the right place for user questions).

Current example from Vincent:
test_antenna_Vincent.zip (297.8 KB)

The antenna-footprint shows DRC-errors for clearance violation.

The simplest solution is to just ignore this DRC-error, the pcb-designer knows that this DRC-antenna will deliberately short the antenna connection points.

The more advanced solution is to correct the footprint and use the “net tie” feature in the footprint definition.

A corrected project can be seen here:
test_antenna_Vincent_modified.zip (24.3 KB)

differences (== corrected mistakes) to the original antenna footprint:

• there was one THT-pad completely without pad-number → renamed to PAD== “1”
  • in the footprint properties → Clearance overrides and settings → set the netties to “1,2”

remaining problem: the bottom copper line must later be routed as additional extra copper track

@Vincent : to overcome your “new user” status and get the “basic user” level (so you are able to attach example projects): read and follow this link: New Member Information

Hi thanks, for your answers,

But it seems curious to me because the 1s are well connected via the blue track. I don’t think it works with more complex antennas.

Thanks,

Vincent

So, what is the current state of your project? Did you figure it out or are you still having problems?