How to define measurements in post processor

Kicad is getting better and better. I have now successfully included a DC/DC simulation in my project but I would like to make it more compatible with the post-processor viewer.

I have a command section in the model:

This effectively takes over the post-processor viewer. The simulation starts directly, I have to wait for the post processor viewer to open once it is finished and I cannot use the play button in there for some reason any longer. The .control in the model does not play nice with the control side of the post processor viewer I suspect.

The reason i do this is because I want to calculate the efficiency of my DC/DC.

The best way is of course if I can hand back the control to the viewer but I then I need to find a way to make this calculation in there.

There is a measurement window in the post processor but I have not found a nice way to us it to determine the efficiency. Is there a way?

many thanks
/Jonas

If the first command in the .control section is a
set controlswait
then all following commands wait until the simulation started from the Simulator Spice window has finished, that is you may remove the
tran 1u 10m
from the .control section and start the simulation from within the Spice Simulator window. The results from the .control section will only be available in print, not graphically.

Otherwise the control in the model will do its job, but there is no feedback into the Simulator window (and the simulation may run twice).

You may do the measurement in the post processor window (right click onto the respective signal), but you can’t enter a from= … to=…

2 Likes

Clever! Thanks holger.