How to avoid inversion line when using ~ in control section

When I place a control section (starting with .control and ending with .endc) in
a schematic (in eeschema), which contains the symbol: ~ (tilde) in a text line.
The text following the tilde is displayed with an inversion bar above it. Is it possible to
suppress this behaviour e.g. by putting an escape character in front of the tilde?

Here is an example of the kind of line I’m referring to:
wrdata ~/proef205verslag20192020/kleinsignaalsim.dat mag(“v(/1)”)

The text following the ~ is shown with an inversion bar above it

kind regards,
Hugo

You will need to put a ‘~’ symbol again and it will stop.

4 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Following your suggestion I can display the text on my schematic as I wish, but the path will be incorrect.
This is what I want as path:
wrdata ~/proef205verslag20192020/kleinsignaalsim.dat mag(“v(/1)”)

To display it correctly I could use your suggestion as such:
wrdata ~~/proef205verslag20192020/kleinsignaalsim.dat mag(“v(/1)”)

But that way the path is incorrect…

kind regards,
Hugo

1 Like

Well it is a different path now for sure, if the bar on top of the text was just annoying but not interfering with what you wanted to do, you may have to live with it. I do not know how to suppress this behavior, it may be considered a bug, you may want to report it. Maybe @Seth_h could shine a light on this.

1 Like

Definitely report this. There is no way to disable the tilde processing but clearly it either should not be processed as part of the .op command or it should be escaped into the netlist. I’m not sure which way would be better offhand be we can definitely address it if you report this issue.

2 Likes

Is it possible to use $HOME instead ~ for define the path?

Yes, $HOME is possible, I currently use it as a workaround

kind regards,
Hugo

Why do you say it’s a workaround? Using tilde ~ isn’t a universal convention, it’s originally a shell expansion but may or may not be implemented in different programming libraries etc. You could as well say that ~ is a workaround.

I made a bug report

kind regards,
Hugo

1 Like

Using ~ to produce an inversion bar is also not a universal convention.
However using ~ as a shortcut for $HOME in a Linux environment is a common practice.

However using the tilde for a boolean NOT is a common convention, not universal but common enough that most people should understand it.

Blockquote
However using the tilde for a boolean NOT is a common convention, not universal but common enough that most people should understand it.

Of course, no problem with that as such. But in the context of the content of a control
section in a schematic it should not be interpreted always as such.

kind regards,
Hugo