Having trouble opening dxf file in KiCad

I’m trying to view the layout file of ZedBoard. But unfortunately, the view is so bad and loading takes a lot of time in KiCad. The dxf file can be found here ([link for DXF file]([ZED Board Design Files (GERBERS) - Other - Digilent Forum](link for dxf file)). By the way, I am using 7.0 version.

There is a lot of information in that DXF file, I think you need to use a different tool to extract the information you want first and then pull that into KiCad.

Not sure why you need Gerbers (layout) to perform “mechanical verification” though . . .

gerb.zip (489.9 KB)

Great thanks. It really helps me a lot. BTW, where do you find these gerber files? I have a look at their official website, but it’s not there.

Thank you for you screen shot

I have not looked into those Gerbers, but if you load (any) Gerber files into KiCad’s Gerber viewer, then you can backport them to the PCB Editor to recreate the PCB (or a part of it). For more details:

According to ZedBoard PCB and Decoupling Design Rev. C.1, Zedboard has 10 layers. However, the zip file you provide here contains only 9 layers. Is it possible to find the missed one for me?

Since these files are not original but converted from your dxf file, this is the starting point for self-transfer to the PCB editor…

What tools should I use for this conversion? I have tried freecad but it just crashed. FreeCad is just not responding when I load this DXF file

what tool have you used to to extract the information from dxf file? I have tried freecad but it just crashed.

What tools should I use for this conversion? I have tried freecad but it just crashed. FreeCad is just not responding when I load this DXF file

I used Solidworks 2021, don’t you have enough to do your “mechanical verification” ? why do you need all the Gerber layers for that ?

if you want to convert to gerber then you need a cam editor cam for example cam350 … if you want only mechanical assembly then any 2d editor

I need it for find out the which pin is connected with adc.

I think your gerber file miss one layer. Could you please have a look?

Yes, it is absent and even maybe not one … And where does it come from if it is not in your file?

According to ZedBoard PCB and Decoupling Design Rev. C.1 , Zedboard has 10 layers. However, the zip file you provide here contains only 9 layers. I am not sure where to find the missing one

Ask the manufacturer for documentation and gerber files …

Do you mean I have to ask Avnet and Digilent? Have you missed any layers in DXF to gerber conversion?

if these layers are not in dxf, then they will not appear in gerberas either