new to these forums and KiCad. I am a software engineer who got fascinated with the world of electronics and set of on my first large scale project, creating a 3+1 game for my kid.
It’s features a set of 7 LED arcade illuminated buttons + 1 large green one, 3 rotary encoders with 10LED bars and an LED each, and a few other components…
Games are simple:
- Buttons play tunes based on a program that lights up the right button to play the tune.
- Buttons and rotary encoders play with my houses hue lights
- Added an adafruit 8led bar on a motor to create some light show, controlled by the encoders and buttons for patterns and colors.
Anyway, don’t wanna bore you with this, I set off to create the circuit diagram to learn KiCad and figure out any issues ahead of time (turns out i did and was a very helpful and rewarding journey).
I am looking for feedback on quite a few areas:
- My overall KiCad usage and design patterns.
- Due to the amount of inputs and outputs, if I chose the right way to manage them with Shift Registers.
- Overall circuit feedback.
As I am a new user I think I will not be able to attach multiple images, so I’ve posted all the diagram and a few in-progress project photos on postimages service, use this link: