Failed to load kiface library error

Hi,

not too sure which category to file this under, my kicad 5.1.4 was working fine up unit today when i tried to open any of these (schematic editor, symbol editor, pcbnew…). The program itself loads without issues…and can open gerbview…etc

I keep getting the following:

: Failed to load shared library ‘C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin_pcbnew.kiface’ (error 127: the specified procedure could not be found.)
: Failed to load kiface library “C:\Program Files\KiCad\bin_pcbnew.kiface”.

I am a new user but am ok around using the program for my needs.
i have many projects i need to access but can’t at the moment?!.

i am downloading the latest build(5.1.5) to see if a fresh install would help but if there is a way around reinstalling kicad, that would be best.

any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

KiCad doesn’t touch its own installation, it’s practically impossible that there would be something in KiCad itself which affects this. This must be a problem of operating system or the user has done something (I’m not blaming you, but such things just happen sometimes…).

Re-installing is the most practical solution.

i did think at first it was an os issue too, there was an windows update on 17/4/2020 but i was able to open my projects on 19/4/2020…i think…

will re-install :wink:

thanks

If this did not help then at least add the windows version info

Re-install worked. All back to normal.
Thanks guys.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.