Error message

Hello everyone, after drawing the circuit diagram, I get this message: Input power pin is not controlled by any output pin. I’ve checked all the connections, they’re all OK, but I don’t really understand this message. Maybe someone here has an idea. Thanks

There might be a newer/updated version of this? Basics I think still apply. Pins have properties.

You should really post at least a screenshot and the version information, from Help > About KiCad > Copy Version Info.

To be able to attach an archive of your project, read this FAQ for how to increase your user level: New Member Information

I think you haven’t even quoted the message correctly, it should be power output pin. This often is due to no pins of type power output in your schematic, and a PWR_FLAG is needed.

If you have something like a voltage regulator, with input wired to a connector, you need a PWR_FLAG on the wire to tell the ERC that this wire is the power source.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I designed a small circuit with an L7812 and got two error messages after the ERC. Once at the input of the controller and the second at the GND input of the controller.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.