I have discovered an issue with a KiCad project I am working on that I only noticed when I started the PCB layout phase. In the PCB editor I have a footprint that has appeared as:
Pins 8 and 9 are showing the same signal name (FIN0) when they should be a pair (RIN0 and FIN0) as per the other three pairs (pins 2 to 7).
On the face of it the schematics look to be OK so I have tried exporting the netlist from the schematic editor. It agrees with the PCB editor:
(net (code 26) (name /Fader_Block/FIN0) (node (ref U5) (pin 8)) (node (ref U5) (pin 9)) (node (ref U3) (pin 21)) (node (ref U3) (pin 22))) (net (code 27) (name /Fader_Block/FIN1) (node (ref U5) (pin 6)) (node (ref U3) (pin 24))) (net (code 28) (name /Fader_Block/RIN1) (node (ref U3) (pin 23)) (node (ref U5) (pin 7)))
I haven’t been able to make sense of the contents of the .sch files to see where the issue has come from so I am hoping one of the experts can guide me.