I can’t figure out how to specify an initial condition for inductor current in a KiCad 6 schematic (a.k.a. ‘eeschema’) such that the ngspice simulator honors the specification.
Things I’ve tried:
- Text entry in schematic with
- Result: syntax error in ngspice - perhaps ngspice only takes node voltages as ics?
- Setting a parameter/property within the eeschema symbol for the inductor:
".ic" : "1"
- Result: no change. inductor initial current is zero
- Modifying the definition of the inductor in Simulator windows “Simulation”->“Show SPICE Netlist…”
- Any text modification is removed after closing and opening the popup window
- Creating a subcircuit model for the inductor
- Subcircuit as per below
- No SPICE error, but no effect on initial current in inductor
* Sample library of diode model parameters * * * .subckt L_test one two L_test one two 1 ic=0.5 * End of library file .ends